Windows 10 comes with beautiful lock screen UI. Microsoft launched new lock screen allows users to change their lock screen backgrounds. Windows Lock screen is the first screen you see after Windows bootup, and this is a very important screen to enter into your system. Windows 10 has made it super easy to change the lock screen background in Windows 10, but the same cannot be said for the Login screen.
Windows 10 login screen background always features the default Windows 10 background. Use these tweaks, and you can set any your favorite background. The steps for Change The Login Screen Background In Windows 10 are same for Windows 8. You can find many windows 10 login screen changer tools that allow users to change Windows 10 login background. When you install new Microsoft Windows 10, by default, it uses some pictures as your login screen and desktop background. Many users are looking for change windows 10 lock screen methods. You can download Windows 10 lock screen pictures from online. Most of the people who have upgraded to Windows 10 do not like Windows 10 lock screen, and they want to show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. There are many windows 10 login screen options.
Windows 10 lets you adjust the lock screen background. However, the login screen background features the standard Windows-10 background. Use these changes, and you can set any image or color you want as the background. Also, check Windows 10 Login Screen Changer and Change Windows 7 Boot Screen.
This changes the picture that appears on the sign-in screen once you leave your lock screen. On Windows-8 and 8.1, this was only a level color background. The key for changing Windows 7’s login screen history no further works the same way on Windows 10. If you are looking for Change The Login Screen Background then this article will help you.
You have probably noticed right now that Windows-10 has two log-in displays: The lock screen as well as the log-in screen. The lock screen is personalized. However, the login screen where you sort your code is not.
The lock screen is customizable, and also you can change Windows 10 lock screen. Microsoft has added an option to show the Windows 10 lock screen background picture on the log-in screen.
Change The Login Screen Background In Windows 10
If you’re running Build 14291 or later, simply head over to the Settings menu and go to Personalization > Lock screen and scroll down until you see Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen. A toggle setting to On stage.
If you’d like to do it yourself, open the Registry Editor and create a DWORD value named “DisableLogonBackgroundImage” under “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System” with the value “00000001”.
Delete the value or set it to “00000000” to go back to the default Windows 10 “hero image.”
- After you perform the registry hack, the Windows login screen will display a flat-color background behind the login prompt.
- Just press Windows Key + L to lock your PC and check.
- You don’t have to reboot.
- If you want to set an image, click the ‘Browse for an image’ button and then select it.
- If you want to set a color, click ‘Choose a color’ and pick the color.
- The app lets you preview what your login screen will look like.
- Click the ‘Change background’ button and wait for the app to confirm the change.
Above step are working fine with older Windows 10 version but if you’re running Build 10586 or later (but not 14291), you’ll see the following option, which lets you choose the log-in screen background or default color. So you have to follow these steps to change Windows 10 login screen background or change Windows 10 lock screen.
1. Go to Start > All apps > Windows System > Run. Type regedit in the Run text box and press Enter. This will open the Registry Editor.
2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > System.
3. Right-click System and click New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Label this new DWORD DisableLogonBackgroundImage.
4. Right-click DisableLogonBackgroundImage and click Modify.
5. Under Value data: type 1 (default will be 0). Click OK. (To switch back to the default Windows log-in screen, change this value back to 0.)
6. Press Windows key + L to lock your PC. When you log in, you will see a flat color background instead of the Windows screen. If you want to change the color of this new log-in background, just go to Settings > Personalization > Colors and pick a new accent color.
Hope you liked this article and successfully changed Windows 10 Lock Screen Background Picture. If you have any issue while changing Windows 10 Lockscreen Image, then comment below.