Task View in Windows 10 is one of the most popular features of Windows 10 which allows users to utilize virtual desktops. Through Disable Task View Windows 10 Registry, users can open and switch between multiple virtual desktops where each runs different applications. Virtual desktop is useful for power and advanced users who need a way to declutter the desktop when opening many apps at the same time.
Windows 10 provides a bit more for the taskbar: today, it is possible to search (or use Cortana) without pressing the Start option, and you can click a “Task View” button to see all your windows. Don’t wish these taking area up? To cover them.
Cortana is really a digital secretary that helps you locate a lot more than what’s on your PC and moves beyond the Windows Search element. Cortana also performs regular search characteristics on your PC.
How To Disable Task View On Windows 10
Cortana is a digital assistant which goes beyond the Windows Search feature and helps you find more than what’s on your computer. It can assist you to find facts, areas, and info. It can also give you reminders, track packages, send e-mails and texts, and allow you to handle you schedule. Cortana additionally performs standard search functions on your computer. However, if you don’t would like to make use of Cortana, you can disable it through the registry and return to the conventional Windows Search feature. But either way, that box will still be on your own taskbar.
How to Remove Cortana Search Box, Task View and Touch Keyboard Buttons from Windows 10 Taskbar? If you are using Windows 10 OS then you might be aware of the new Search, Task View and Touch Keyboard icons. There was no built-in option to hide or remove these two buttons from Windows 10 Taskbar.
Many Windows users complained about these unnecessary icons on Taskbar as there were many places and shortcuts to use Search app and one could always use WIN+TAB keys together to launch Task View feature. So basically these 2 icons were useless to many people and were wasting space on Taskbar. Due to so many complaints, Microsoft has officially announced guide for How to Disable Task View on Windows 10 with Windows 10 Task View Settings.
Method 1: Removing the Button
Task View cannot be technically removed from Windows 10, but if you are looking for How To Disable Task View On Windows 10 then this guide on Disable & Hide Task View Button in Taskbar of Windows 10 will help you. The Task View button can be seen to the right of the Cortana search bar on your taskbar. Disable Task View Gpo can be useful.
- Locate the button on your taskbar and right click it to reveal a menu.
- In the menu, select Show Task View Button.
- Turn the Switch on, the option will have a tick next to it.
- Click it and the check mark will go away, along with the button.
Method 2: Disable the Swipe Feature to Disable Task View On Windows 10
- Access your system as an administrator, open Local Group Policy Editor by entering the Start search bar, and clicking the result.
- When the window opens, scroll down in the left window and locate and click Computer Configuration.
- Select Administrative Templates and then Windows Components. In this final drop-down, you will see a folder named Edge UI.
- Click this folder > In the right pane, double click on Allow edge swipe to edit the feature.
- Select Disabled and then click Close the window, and restart your PC.
We hope you liked this article on How To Disable Task View On Windows 10.
Thanks for reading this article and for any question, just comment below.