Fix Antimalware Service Executable – After the new Windows 10 update, many users have reported an antimalware service executable high CPU usage issue. When you find out any issues like hanging PC or slow processing problem, you do open your Windows Task Manager and found that msmpeng.exe and windows 10 antimalware service executable. Do you know what is antimalware service executable?
And when you opened your task manager you found it’s some Antimalware Service Executable program is actually the one who’s responsible for creating lag on your system by taking that high amount of CPU or maybe Disk Usage. Fix Antimalware Service Executable is basically a part of Windows Defense that’s a security software of Microsoft. Antimalware executable becomes productive, whenever you join community connection and within some minutes if you want to use a thumb drive, it will again start hogging up PC. By starting consuming Computer, furthermore, if you want to use Wireless, you will again upset. Consequently, I’d to get rid of this frustrating action of Antimalware Executable. I discovered two ways that were useful to get rid of this dilemma which were discussed below.
As we mentioned, Antimalware service executable is the process of executing the MsMpEng.exe file. You can easily fix this issue and to stop msmpeng.exe from overusing CPU. It monitors all of the ongoing activities in a method and keeps checking all of the recently saved files and installed software whether it is destructive or not. But this leads some problems like over Computer usage etc due to a file named msmpeng.exe and makes our bodies slow. Check how much CPU Antimalware service executable is using and how to fix Antimalware service executable in Windows 10.
Every process gets slowdown due to low RAM access. That’s why doing all the vital things get upset. Sometimes our systems get restarted frequently. Although antimalware company executable is just a Windows service for security essentials, it ought to be checked and have to be stopped although it decreases processing performances.
Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage(MsMpEng.exe) Issue
Antimalware Service Executable is actually a background process run by the OS and it is normally pre-installed in latest windows OS for Windows Defender. If you don’t know what is Windows Defender then note than Windows Defender is a security program by Microsoft that protects your computer from harmful files and viruses. It is a great utility tool program which helps our operating system to protect against spam pop-ups, slow performance. Windows Defender provides a Real-Time Protection. In this article, we will show you how to fix msmpeng.exe antimalware service executable and antimalware service executable process in Windows 10.
Fix 1 : Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage
You have to disable options in the task scheduler of Windows Defender.
- Go to the search and type Administrative Tools in it.
- Look for Task Scheduler category and open it.
- Task Scheduler in Administrative tools
- Now you will see a folder Library. When you click this folder, there appears its content. You have to look for Microsoft and open it.
- Search for Windows folder. Open its content and then you will find Windows Defender. Click on it to open menu. Now you will see some categories. From that click on Conditions and
- uncheck the boxes before Idle, Power and Network.
- This will fix antimalware service executable windows 10.
Fix 2 : Editing Windows Defender’s Setting
- Open Task Manager and look for msmpeng.exe antimalware service executable.
- Click on that process and select Open file location option to open that file’s root directory.
- Now we need to enter that path in the Windows Defender. Open that path.
- After that go to the setting tab and select the option name called Excluded files and location and just paste or enter that path what you recently copied.
Fix 3 : Change Defender’s Schedule using Task Scheduler
- Search and open Task Scheduler.
- Now expand Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Now scroll down and find Windows Defender.
- You will see four different options on the right side, are Windows Defender Cache Maintenance, Cleanup, Scheduled Scan, and Verification.
- Right click on Windows Defender Scheduled Scan and click Properties.
- Now click Conditions Tab and uncheck all conditions and click OK. That’s it.
Hope this Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage guide will help you to Fix Antimalware Service Executable High CPU Usage(MsMpEng.exe) Issue. Comment below if you need any help.