There Was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program Word 2007 – Because a few days I had been facing this strange problem. I was trying to open a Microsoft Excel 2013 file (.xlsx) in Windows 8.1, but when I tried to start it, I obtained following error message:
There is no problem with the file. Additionally, the error message was coming just once. After clicking on the OK button and wanting to open the report again, it opened with no problem. It was happening each time I started my computer. I searched and found various solutions to this dilemma. So today within this guide, I am likely to reveal all possible solutions to fix this annoying situation. I hope it’ll come handy for a few people. In this article, we are sharing how to fix. There Was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program Word 2013.
Fix There Was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program
If you get a mistake There was a challenge delivering the command for the plan on Excel, Expression, Internet Explorer in Windows 10/8/7, while using the desktop shortcuts, internet links, etc, then this post will help you. Also, check how to solve this error.
The error There Was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program Internet Explorer is one of the most frequent mistakes encountered by Windows users. Often, this problem is from the Office Bundle and happens when people try to open Excel, Term, PowerPoint or Entry files made in older Office versions.
A youthful version of this page linked to an Excel help site at Microsoft and that page now seems to be unavailable. These pages, as well as the link, have been updated. My research and tests claim that an identical fix might work in some cases where Excel issues the concept “there is a challenge delivering the order to the program” when trying to open files.
For many users, setting Internet Explorer as default web browser will fix the problem.
- Open Internet Explorer > Go to Tools and click on Internet Options.
- Then click on Programs Tab > Then Click on Make Default
- You will need to reset IE settings.
To fix that issue we have to change Dynamic Data Exchange or DDE setting in Excel.
In Excel 2010:
- Open Excel go to File and Click on Options
- Then click on advance
Uncheck on Ignoring other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE)
Then restart Excel.
Hope it helps!
Microsoft has also released solutions to help resolve this issue:
- Windows 8 users may download Microsoft Fix it 20074.
- Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2003 users may download Microsoft Fix it 50392.
- Open Run and type Regedt32.exe in Run dialogue box and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to:
- In the left pane, export the ddeexec key by highlighting the key and click File > Export.
- Right click on the same key and select Delete.
- After deleting the key, you can close the Registry Editor.
- Reboot device and this error will be fixed.
Hope you liked this article There Was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program Excel or word. Comment below if you need any help. We will help you.