If you are new to Microsoft Windows operating system and you have personal files that you want to hide then Windows OS comes with a default feature for Hiding Files and Folders in Windows 10. You don’t need to download and install any 3rd party software. Sometimes hiding personal files or folders are necessary, and in Windows OS, there is a simple option to hide files and folders.
There are many Tools to Password Protect Your Folders in Windows 10. Occasionally, Windows users might feel the need to place password protection on their folders. These folders contain sensitive information that no one else should view, no matter the reason.
And to do this or Password Protect Folder Windows 8, we have to hide files or folder in Windows 10. So here is a complete guide on How To Hide Folder in Windows 10 using Folder Locker Windows 10 and you can also check Password Protect Folders in Windows without using the 3rd-party software.
There is a default option in Windows based operating system. If you don’t know where the option is, right-click any file or folder and select Properties. In the General tab, check the Hidden option and apply the change. That’s it. You can use the option to toggle the visibility of hidden items and the Hide button for multiple files and folders for how to hide a folder in Windows 8.
Hide a File or Folder on Windows
- To hide a file or folder on Windows, open a Windows Explorer or File Explorer window and locate the file or folder.
- Enable the Hidden checkbox on the General Tab of the Properties.
- Click OK or Apply and all done.
View Hidden Files and Folders on Windows
how Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8.1, 10, or Vista. Follow these steps.
- Click the View tab from the top of the File Explorer window and enable the Hidden item’s checkbox under Show/hide.
- This will help you with how to unhide a folder in windows 10.
How to Make Super Hidden Folder in Windows 10
- Open Run and type cmd.
- In cmd terminal, type following command,
attrib +s +h “C:\Users\Wasim\Desktop\Hidden”
- Replace C:\Users\Wasim\Desktop\Hidden with the path of the folder or file, you want to hide and press enter for how to hide a folder in Windows 7 using the command prompt.
- Now the folder will be disappeared, and you cannot see.