If you are new to Windows 10, then you don’t know about Microsoft compatibility telemetry. This is a complete guide on How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10. Microsoft has updated Windows 10 with the Comment range of securities and new features. New Windows 10 update comes with the telemetry feature enabled by default that collects all sorts of user activity and sends it to Microsoft. If you are looking for what is Microsoft compatibility telemetry, then this article will assist you.
Microsoft recommends enabling Microsoft compatibility telemetry Windows 10 feature so that they can track all the crash report and other information to improve the user experience. Sometimes due to this dmwappushsvc service, users are facing compatibility telemetry windows 10 high disk usage problems. Using telemetry built into Windows 10, Microsoft trying to improve the features and overall experience of the operating system with the tracking data from compattelrunner.exe Microsoft compatibility telemetry.
Do you know What Is Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10? Windows 10 now includes the telemetry function enabled automatically which delivers it to Microsoft and collects some user activity. Unfortunately, Microsoft has presented no way to disable it Pro editions of Windows 10 and completely using the Options application for Property. Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry Windows 10 High Disk Usage – Only Company customers can change off it. Here is a solution for versions besides Enterprise to eliminate Data and Telemetry Collection in Windows 10.
Everyone seems concerned about their privacy in Microsoft’s new operating system Windows-10. While Microsoft has described many times, any personal data doesn’t obtain. It sends it to Microsoft and only collects some private data to help make Windows performance and the overall consumer experience better. The collected data helps in improving Windows 10 efficiency and performance, Microsoft. You can also use Microsoft Telemetry Removal Tool in Windows 10.
Microsoft compatibility telemetry Windows 10
Dmwappushsvc service capability is provided using the Diagnostic Tracking Service, and this also causes issues with office telemetry agent has stopped working. Microsoft released optional updates to Windows 7 and Windows 8 users (KB3075249, KB3080149, and KB3068708) that would provide the same telemetry data. Again they are trying to get all the crash log data from users computer using Microsoft compatibility telemetry windows 10. Users have also reported office telemetry agent has stopped working issues. Here is how to Turn Off Telemetry in Windows 7, 8, and Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix System and Compressed Memory
As the general party to Screen 10 continues to be mainly good, greater than a few IT directors stay cautious of protection problems and possible solitude. Even though the updates were optional and the telemetry service is opt-in. Some Windows 10 users have taken offense to the inclusion of Microsoft compatibility telemetry windows 10 high disk usage in Windows 7 and Windows 8.
Disabling Windows Compatability Telemetry and How to completely stop “Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry”?
Main towards the problem may be the telemetry support in Windows 10, which occasionally directs utilization and efficiency information to pick Microsoft addresses so they may enhance user-experience and repair possible problems, and it is allowed automatically. Privacy issues have been lifted by dmwappushsvc service for many customers. We’ve several guidelines and resources to fix Microsoft compatibility telemetry windows 10 high disk usage problems.
Microsoft has provided no way to disable compattelrunner.exe compatibility telemetry completely using the Settings in Windows 10. Only Enterprise users can turn it off. However, there are some other ways to fix Microsoft compatibility issue in Windows 10. Hope now you understand what is Microsoft compatibility telemetry and dmwappushsvc service.
Also Read: Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Not Working
Windows 10 telemetry data includes simple system diagnostics data, logs of how often you utilize attributes and purposes, program files, and likely more metrics that have yet to be disclosed. Microsoft allows users to create the amount of knowledge they wish to share. However, it Can’t be completely switched off. Business installations have an, even more, minimum setting but also a small amount of safety and diagnostic information is sent.
Windows 10 users are permitted to choose what type of knowledge they share. But for this, you have to have Windows 10 master, Windows 10 organization or education model. Microsoft also claims that they are clear in what type of data they share along with the data are shifted from your system to the Microsoft safely.
Following Windows updates are related to telemetry and diagnostic Information in Windows 10:
KB971033 – Update for Windows Activation
KB2952664 – Compatibility update
KB2976978 – Compatibility update
KB3022345 – Update for customer experience
KB3068708 – Update for diagnostic telemetry
KB3075249 – Update that adds telemetry points to consent.exe
Solution 1: Use CMD to stop Microsoft compatibility telemetry
- Open cmd as administrator.
- Copy and paste the following keys successively and press Enter after each command:
sc delete DiagTrack
sc delete dmwappushservice
echo “” > C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Diagnosis\ETLLogs\AutoLogger\AutoLogger-Diagtrack-Listener.etl
reg add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection” /v AllowTelemetry /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f
- Reboot your PC and see if a problem is solved or not.
Solution 2 – Group Policy Editor
- Open Run and type gpedit.msc > click OK.
- Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates
- Go to Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds > Allow Telemetry.
- Select Disabled > click OK.
Solution 3: How to disable Telemetry and Data Collection in Windows 10
- Open Registry Editor and navigate to Registry key:
- Create a new a 32-bit DWORD value named AllowTelemetry and set it to 0.
- Now, you have to disable other Windows services.
- Right-click the File Explorer in Windows 10 and you will see the following screen:
- Go to Services and Applications > Services in the left panel. In the services, disable the following services:
Diagnostics Tracking Service
- If you have updated Windows 10, then you have to disable these services also.
Connected User Experiences and Telemetry
- Double click the above-listed services and select Disabled for the startup type:
- Then reboot your computer.
- This will disable telemetry service in Windows 10.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > DataCollection > Allow Telemetry.
- Right-click on DataCollection and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. Then name the new value Allow Telemetry.
- Set Value date to 0 (zero) and click OK.
Deleting Scheduled Tasks
- Click on Windows key, type Task Scheduler > Enter.
- Navigate to Microsoft Tab > Windows in the task hierarchy, and delete the following tasks:
- All tasks with Application Experience.
- All tasks with Autochk.
- All tasks with Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- DiskDiagnosticDataCollector under DiskDiagnostic.
- WinSAT under Maintenance and Deactivate all Media Center tasks.
Hope you liked this article on How to Disable Microsoft compatibility telemetry Windows 10 and compatibility telemetry high disk issues. comment below if you need any help in Windows 10.