Remove Windows 10 Update Notification: Microsoft has already released new Windows 10 update for all the users, and now free Windows 10 upgrade offer is now over. This means an end to those annoying upgrade notifications. Yes? Well, Microsoft just wants their users to upgrade to Windows 10. Note that Windows 10 is now the only option for new PCs, as Microsoft has stopped OEM sales of Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8.1. Now, you won’t find any PCs or laptops which offer a choice of Windows version when you first turn them on. Many users are searching for how to disable the upgrade. It’s free and doesn’t require installation.
Microsoft has published detailed instructions on how to stop your computer from trying to upgrade itself to Windows 10. Due to many issues, users want to disable automatic update. In this article, we are going to share How to Remove Windows 10 Update From Windows 7, Remove Windows 10 Update Notification and Remove Windows 10 Notification.
The guide, published here, details how to install and configure a Group Policy Object to block the upgrade options. The policy settings can be enabled by users running Windows 7, Windows 7 for Embedded Systems, Windows 8.1, and Windows Embedded 8.1 Pro.
Also Read: Fix DNS Probe Finished Bad Config Error
Remove Windows 10 Update Notification – Disable Windows Nag Icon To Upgrade
The configuration changes will work, although there is always a chance that future changes may re-enable the Get Windows 10 app from the auto update. From next year Windows 10 will automatically begin installing on most Windows 7 and 8.1 PCs.
The upgrade nag message will now appear on PCs running Windows 7 Pro or Windows 8.1 Pro, and this Windows 10 app will be rolled out to these additional devices connected to that account.
Turn off Automatic Windows Update
- Go to Windows Update > Under Windows Update, choose the setting Check for updates but let me choose whether to download or install them.
- Note: Turning off automatic Windows Update won’t stop you from updating drivers. So you have to check driver updates manually.
Hide the Windows 10 Upgrade – Remove Windows 10 Update Notification
- In Windows Update, click on Show all Available Updates. If you see an entry for Upgrade to Windows 10, right-click on it and choose Hide Update.
- In File Explorer, right-click on your C drive and choose Disk Cleanup. When Explore comes up, click on the box Clean up System files.
- Select all the temp files and remove it.
Get Rid of the GWX Patches
- Go Control Panel and go to Add or Remove programs
- On the left, select View installed updates.
- Look for the update numbers: KB 2952664, KB 2976978 and KB 3035583.
- Select them and remove them.
- Reboot Your Computer
- Open up regedit.exe using run.
- Navigate to:
- Then create a new 32-bit DWORD value on the right-hand side name DisableGwx, and change its value to 1.
- Save and reboot. This will fix to Remove Windows 10 Update Notification.
We hope you liked this article on Remove Windows 10 Upgrade From Windows Update, Remove Windows 10 Update Notification From Windows Update and Remove Windows 10 Update From Windows 7. Comment below if you need any help.