BSOD or blue screen of death is the worst type of error Windows user are facing mostly in Windows 10. A BSOD error occurs due to low-level software crashing or hardware failure. But there are many other reasons for getting Windows 10 critical process died error. This Critical_Process_Died refers to a critical system process died with its bug check error code 0x000000EF or blue screen error. You will see a blue screen and error code. The system will crash and show you this error on your computer in Windows 10 like Your PC ran into a problem and needed to restart. Don’t worry with some simple tricks; you can solve this error.
Windows 10 BSOD critical process died error is basically caused when a critical component of Windows 10 detects that its data have been modified or some hardware issue detected like a driver issue, an error in memory, etc. But, there are a couple of ways to fix this issue, depending on your situation, select any working method we mentioned below for how to fix critical process died windows 10. If you have recently installed new Windows 10 update, then chances are you are facing critical process died Windows 10 solution and how to fix critical process died. If you are getting any Windows, 10 critical processes died after the update then follow this article. Critical process died error is actually caused whenever a vital part of Windows detects that its data have been changed when it will not have been. This could be a bad driver, an error in storage, etc. But, there are a number of strategies to correct this problem, depending on your situation, so check out these solutions below. You can easily solve Windows 10 Critical Process Died Loop error.
The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error may be caused by some spyware or spyware, even when they’re not the dangerous sort, they may still cause the situation. So before we get any deeper into solving this problem in alternative methods, it’s recommended that you just scan your computer with all the trusted antivirus system(s) first to view if you can find any malicious software which could cause this problem. If found any, uninstall and remove them entirely out of your computer.
How to Fix Windows 10 Critical Process Died Error
Even after installing new windows or formatting system is not going to fix Windows 10 BSOD critical process died issue. This is a common issue for those Windows 10 users, not using the genuine product key. You can search for how to solve the 0x000000ef error in Windows 10 to solve this problem. We noticed that generally, this error occurs after a system upgrade or the new Windows installation in PCs, in most cases after new Windows 10 update. After an update, you will receive Windows 10 blue screen critical process died error because the process which was needed to run the Windows operating system ended abruptly or corrupted.
Error Name: Windows 10 Critical Process Died
You cannot simply figure out the exact reason behind this critical_process_died windows 10 error. The error can occur due to your hard drive, your memory, or processor failure. Many users simply format their system and reinstall the same OS version. After that, they think critical process died Windows 10 is solved but after some time they started receiving Windows 10 critical process died error.
- If your ram, hard drive or processor cannot work properly then your PC shows this error message and restart suddenly.
- This critical_process_died error also occurs for faulty drivers or hardware problem.
- corrupt Softwares
Using Command Prompt
- Run sfc /scannow to check for and replace corrupted system files if any. If you are unable to boot to desktop, you may run System File Checker in Safe Mode or Offline.
- You may also want to run DISM to repair a corrupt system image.
- Update your Drivers and see if that resolves the issue.
- Use System Restore to restore your computer back to a good point.
- Disable Sleep and Hibernate in your Power Setting and see if it helps. Go to settings in Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Power Options > Edit Plan Settings. Use this process to
- disable Hibernation if you had earlier enabled it.
Solution 1: Restart Computer in Safe Mode
In general, this error can make your desktop or laptop unable to be used and you have to restart your computer. During restarting the computer every time, you always get this issue.
So try to reboot your system in Safe Mode.
- Press “Shift + F8” when booting the computer in Windows 10.
- Then you need to go to “Advanced Boot Options” and set boot mode as “Safe Mode” to open your computer.
- After you restart the computer in Safe Mode, you should check whether there are some errors in all your device drivers.
- Generally, many blue screen errors or 0x000000ef error are due to the hardware or drivers fault.
- Go to Device Manager by pressing Win + X and check for all the possible device driver issue.
- Perform necessary update or remove operations and then reboot the system in the normal state.
- This way is useful to fix critical process died windows 10 issue.
Solution 2 – Uninstall the latest update
- If you think, you are getting Windows 10 critical process died error after installing new Windows 10 update then remove updated files.
- To do this, go to control panel > programs and files and installed updates.
Solution 3: Update or Re-Install Drivers
- Update all of your drivers. Reinstall your cheapest driver with the latest version.
Solution 4: Disable or Install Security Software
- Sometimes, Antivirus or firewall may create critical process died BSOD. So, At first, disables security software and see if it solves your problem.
Solution 5: Restore your System
- Restore full system if you created a backup in past.
Some users have reported that they found out that the latest installed Windows 10 update actually causes the problem. Well, we have mentioned all the possible reasons and its solutions for this error. Hope this article will help you.
Related Windows 10 Errors: