If you are a Windows 10 user and looking for best Windows Photo Viewer, then this article is for you. People who have upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 probably have Windows Photo application in Windows 10. However, some users are reporting that Windows Photo Viewer has gone missing after clean installing Windows 10.
Microsoft set a brand new program called photo viewer for Windows 10. This new program is equipped with some nifty features, but it’s additionally buggy, and it loads much slower than the last picture viewer.
The new Photos program in Windows 10 is better than the classic Windows Photo Viewer as it pertains to a total variety of features. The Photographs program not only lets you crop, rotate, enhance and remove red-eye from your images, but also provides numerous filters and effects to improve your graphics. The only problem with the Photos program is it’s a bit slower when-when compared with the classic Windows Photo Viewer.
Also Read: Use iMessage on Windows 10
Windows Photo Viewer for Windows 10
Windows Photo is a software bundle which allows users to renew the default Windows photograph viewer even while using the latest version of the operating system. This could be very useful, for some individuals have complained that the newer form is difficult to function.
Windows 10 uses the Photos program as the default app to open image files with instead now. By default, Windows Photo Viewer is no longer recorded in Open with, and only has .tiff files related to it in Default Option Applications.
Also read: Windows Movie Maker Windows 10
If you update a PC running Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10, Photo Viewer will be accessible, and you can set it as your default picture viewer if you need. However, if you perform a clean installation of Windows 10 or purchase a PC with Windows 10 already on it—you can’t get Photo Viewer in any way.
Method 1: Restore Windows Photo Viewer Windows 10
If you can’t see Windows photo app, you can easily enable it or restore Windows Photo viewer. This tutorial will show you how to restore Windows Photo view in Windows 10.
- Click on start button then type in Default Programs > select it.
- Click on Set your default programs.
- Select Windows photo viewer then clicks on Set this program as default.
Method 2: Restore Windows Photo from a clean Install
- Download and extract the Restore Windows Photo Viewer
- Click on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
- Click on Run, Yes to the (UAC) and OK to any warnings
- Delete the downloaded .reg file
- You can now set this program as default
Windows 10 is exclusively designed for maximum performance that includes an array of features for optimal results. One of the many highlights is the Windows Photo Viewer. The Windows Photo Viewer is a pioneering software that delivers numerous functions such as viewing, editing, printing, attaching pictures to emails, opening personal photos in another software and ordering prints. Also, the Photo Viewer is a user-friendly application that allows faster viewing so that browsing and managing files is stress-free. Some of the forward-thinking features include the following:
- View multi-page TIFF files
- Can burn pictures to a disc
- Displays digital raw image files
- Quicker organization and easy to find files
- Consolidation for personalized slideshows
- Supports ICC profile so that image color stays true
- New navigation features including Jump Lists and Snap
- Enhanced settings for slower personal computers (PC’s)
- Supports images in JPEG, JPEG XR, BMP, TIFF, PNG and ICO
- Supports older computers plus widescreen monitors and LCD television screens
Opening in another Program
By opening a picture in another program you can edit and personalize the photo. Pictures can be opened in graphic editing software’s such as Adobe Photoshop, Paint, Coral Paint Shop and Windows Live Photo Gallery. This software provides many editing tools for specific needs like removing red-eye, add special tones and color, change alignment and alter exposure. Additionally, the Windows Photo Gallery includes tools for instant messaging (IM), social networking and streaming movies.
There are also other graphic editing software’s available to download for free other than Windows Photo Gallery. Some of the alternative options that are compatible with Windows 10 include Irfanview, ACDSee Photo Manager 2009 and Picasa 3.
Sending Pictures via Email
Windows Photo Viewer is a great application for sending pictures using email. One of the best features is the auto adjust that resizes the picture automatically. This way the file size is smaller does not take a lot of memory and is much faster to send.
- On the Windows Photo Viewer toolbar select E-mail
- Select a picture size from the size list in the Attach Files dialog box
- Click on Attach
- Your preferred email application opens up and contains the picture attachment
- Enter the email message and email address to the designated location then click Send
- If more than one picture attachment is desired you can select multiple pictures in the Pictures
- Library during the first step
Windows Photo Viewer allows you to print pictures from the application itself. Several options are available such as printing from a personal home and office printer or online printing services that can be delivered. Printing pictures from your home or office include the following steps:
- Select picture by double clicking
- Click the Print button option from the toolbar
- Select the printer, print quality, number of copies, size, and style from the Print Pictures dialog box
- Click Print
Comment your views and what you are thinking about this new Windows Photo Viewer.